Sunday, June 21, 2015

On Marketing.....

I have been fortunate, in the last few years, to build a small network of galleries that sell my sculptures. Two in Tryon, one in Greenville, SC, one in Blufton, SC and the anchor in Savannah, Ga. Along the way I decided that I didn't enjoy tent/festival shows.....(a lot of planning, packing, breakage, and uncertain weather.) but because my production isn't large the galleries absorb all that I am currently producing.
However, I am also learning that along with current gallery expansion comes the learning curve on marketing. And my new fave outlet is Instagram. In the last month I have endeavored to build a home page which clearly & concisely shows current work while slowly building a following from around the world. Unlike Facebook, where I mainly connect with friends, and don't like over dosing them with clay sculptures, Instagram allows anyone who likes your work to follow when they choose.
So if you like Instagram please check out my page under 'Toby Wolter' or 'towo17'.
And as a direct connection, I am back working on an Etsy online store.....and will post when it is up and running.
Thx for checking in!

On Instagram:



No comments:

Post a Comment