Sunday, June 7, 2015

And a little more collecting.......

I was on a mission, this weekend, to add to the collection. So I headed to Greenville on Friday, and came home with............a birdhouse! Nothing in the ceramics arena aroused my interest.

So I didn't give up.  Today I headed to Black Mountain, NC for the Black Mountain Art Fair.. There I found Tennessee  artist Tom Frain who makes beautiful functional pieces at very affordable prices. The small bowl, below, is his. And the pieces are so well made. Plus, the glazes are wonderful!
The small mug, on the left, is by Asheville artist Melissa Weiss who digs her own clay in Arkansas and creates such beautiful, organic pieces back in Asheville. I found her work at a super design emporium by the name of Screen Door.

So, I am happy to say, the weekend was a success! ( and I won't get in to last night's Equestrian Ctr. Grand Prix....a totally different story!  :-)
Thanks for checking in....Next time I promise to get back on track and let you know what I am doing with my own clay work....

No comments:

Post a Comment