Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Progress!

The Journey continues.....


So I am continuing to turn out the heads and bottles.....and have turned the corner on a finished piece.  Up until now, I liked everything in the un-fired state, but couldn't get a good end result. At the school, the process of bisque firing/glazing/final firing is tedious. It can take several weeks to see the end result, and if you don't like the result, you start over.  I have overcome that problem by investing in an electric kiln.

3 level load ready to fire...


So, creatively, I am expanding.  I have learned how to fire the kiln at different temperatures to achieve different results with different glazes.  And since my preference is for very organic, natural, and primitive results, I have come up with a number of different stains and washes to age the clay.
And here are a few of the 'spirits'  ( I call them spirits in a bottle)



So that does it for this update.  Next time I will show what the blacksmithing workshop produced. :=)

No comments:

Post a Comment