Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Another form

Working with clay is a never ending adventure.  Just when you think that you have exhausted the possibilities, a new form, combo, direction, or face appears.
Having taken a class in sculpture, I plan on creating some much larger pieces in the future. For now, I still have a lot to work with on the smaller scale.
Last week I made a very simple skinny bottle that has a lot of potential.  Not only in composition ( I have combined several different clays, or left them alone), but color....do I want any glaze at all?  So far I prefer to use only the ray clay color or various washes and stains.  Am thinking of submitting one set of  3 or 4 as one entry in the up and coming sculpture competition.

pre-fired:
and the finished thing....'Wandering Spirits'
And the combinations are many!

No comments:

Post a Comment